Welcome to the CQIA Innovation Prize
The 27th Annual CQIA Innovation Prize Conference is SOON
The 27th Annual CQIA Innovation Prize Conference On Quality and Innovation will be be held at
St. Clements Castle
931 Portland Cobalt Road
Portland, CT 06480-1755
For more information and registration, click here
The CQIA Innovation Prize is a private, not-for-profit Connecticut organization.
Begun in 1995, the popular CQIA Innovation Prize is Connecticut’s first innovation award for organizations with a facility in the state. It is meant to foster recognition of innovative improvements that enhance their competitive position.
Since 1995, nearly 600 organizations from 104 cities have submitted winning applications They include manufacturers, corporate headquarters, service companies, health and education organizations, as well as state and federal agencies and other not for profits.
CQIA Innovation Prize has no limit to the number of applications from any organization and no restrictions on the total number of applications in one year.
The Connecticut Quality Improvement Award Partnership, Inc., a 501(c)(3) not for profit Connecticut organization receives no subsidized money from either state or federal government. All funding comes from application fees, conference registration and generous sponsors.
2013 CQIA Innovation Prize Recipients Brief Description
- Gaylord Specialty Healthcare, Wallingford - Enabling paraplegics to walk again with Esko, a wearable robotic suit giving hope where there was none.
- Gerber Technology, Tolland - Iris Spatial positioning system, (SPS). Eliminates templates for building earth moving equipment
- Standard Oil of Connecticut, Bridgeport - Ongoing effort to support the cure for breast cancer through The Pink Truck
- VeruTEK, Bloomfield - Surfactant Enhanced Product Recovery (SEPR). Patented chemical solution for environmentally friendly contamination removal. Solution for Environmental cleanup.
- Airgas, Cheshire - Automated refrigerant reclamation system.
- Cartus, Danbury - International Invoicing Process
- Cartus, Danbury - Policy Implementation
- Comcast, Berlin - Xfinity Home: Comcast’s Home Security and Automation System
- ConnectiCare, Farmington - BeneFIT product provides an online marketplace connecting consumers to a health plan that best fits their needs.
- Connecticut Children’s NICU at UCONN Health Center, Hartford - Development and use of an electronic stethoscope for continuous monitoring of bowel sounds for neonatal patients.
- GoECart 360, Bridgeport - All-in-One Ecommerce Suite: one solution for running a multi-channel business.
- REM Surface Engineering, Southington - Breakthrough surface finishing technology.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Hartford - The International Scholars Program: full immersion experiential learning in diverse global settings
- Roses for Autism, Guilford - Efforts in supporting the Autism community while maintaining an agriculture business located at the last New England Rose Farm in Connecticut.
- Stamford Hospital Breast Center, Stamford - Providing greater accuracy, quality and safety to mammography patients.
- The Department of Transportation - State Traffic Administration Streamlining the permitting and approval process facilitating economic development.
- The Energy Efficiency Fund’s Comprehensive Initiative - The comprehensive initiative administrated by Connecticut Light and Power and the United Illuminating Company.
- The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business, MBA Program at Post University, Waterbury - The MBA is focused on the concepts of innovation, leadership and quality designed with the Voice of the Customer.
- The United Illuminating Company, Orange - EnerNet Mobile. An innovative data collection and customer engagement field tool.
- The WorkPlace, Bridgeport - Southwestern CT Health CareeRx Academy which helps participants achieve a career in the healthcare field with no-cost training and support
- TRUMPF Inc. Farmington - TRUMPF TruPunch 3000 Energy efficient punching technology.
- Board of Regents for Higher Education, Connecticut State Colleges and Universities - Connecticut Manufacturing Centers Initiative: Innovation within a system of Higher Education
- Bridgeport Regional Aquaculture Science and Technology Education Center - Sugar kelp and Gracillaria farming. Bioremediation and job creation in Long Island Sound
- Cartus, Danbury
- Employees Give an A+ for Onsite Amenities
- Wellness Education shapes winning teams
- Twitter Conversations: The human face of Cartus
- Accuracy improvement project
- Atlas operations policy implementation
- Improved payroll process and timelines
- Relocation Viewpoints
- LAN Services Encrypted Offsite Backups
- Emailing disclosure packages
- SRED Handbook
- Financial Systems Third Party Daily Tie-Out Report
- Compensation Structure
- Career Fair
- Marketing, SCM, Client Services, Emerging Markets Initiative
- Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection, Hartford - Transformation of DEEP by utilizing innovations in technology and process improvements through lean
- Face Checks, LLC, Bridgeport - Face Checks(tm) Facial Recognition Software and access control system. Network and Physical Security innovation
- www.Nut-free Locations.com, Danbury - Creating website for searching and adding allergy free food locations
- Professor Charles Yarish and Dr. Jang K. Kim (UCONN) - Development of Seaweed culture system technologies to support nutrient bioextraction and sea vegetable aquaculture.
- Purdue Pharma LP Information Technology, Stamford - Innovation System
- TABS. New Milford - Advancing the state of GPS technology for commercial and consumer applications
- The Department of Transportation, Newington - Partnering with DEEP to develop; and coordinated and concise Interagency permitting process
- Top Level eMarketing, Brookfield - An automatic marketing solution. Instant online automation set with automatic responses helping local business